Stock market news May 7 2019
May 8, 2019
Stock market news today
US stock market closed lower on Tuesday, May 7, 2019, with losses for all 3 major US indices. Summary of US stock market indices at close on May 7, 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,884.05, -48.42(-1.65%)
- Dow 30: 25,965.09, -473.39(-1.79%)
- Nasdaq: 7,963.76,-159.53(-1.96%)
- Russell 2000, 1,582.31,-32.66(-2.02%)
SolarEdge Technologies, Inc. (SEDG) was the stock with largest gains closing at $53.84+$9.96 (+22.70%).
Mylan N.V. (MYL) was the stock with largest losses closing at $21.53 -$6.73 (-23.81%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Mylan N.V. (MYL) was also among the most active stocks on May 7, 2019.
- Trade war fears are crushing stocks, and sell-off could keep going if there is no deal by Friday
- Dow falls 473 points as Wall Street gets tariff whiplash
- European stocks hold their nerve as global sell-off eases
Stocks to buy or sell – stock market newsletter
Stock market data
All data about stocks, stock investing is taken from Yahoo finance and stockcharts.com
Stock market commentary
US stock market and global stock exchanges are now volatile and prone to selloffs awaiting the news about the development of trade war between US and China.