US stock market report August 12 2019
U.S. stocks fell Monday after escalating protests in Hong Kong weighed on already-dampened investor sentiment.Source: Yahoo Finance
Losses accelerated into the final hour of trading as U.S. Treasury yields tumbled. Monday marked the ninth consecutive trading session of an at least 1% intraday move in the S&P 500.
This is the summary for US stock market at close on Monday August 12 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,883.09,-35.56(-1.22%)
- Dow 30: 25,897.71,-389.73(-1.48%)
- Nasdaq: 7,863.41,-95.73(-1.20%)
- Russell 2000: 1,493.46,-19.58(-1.29%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 1.6390,-0.0950(-5.48%)
- Vix: 21.09,+3.12(+17.36%)
Sirius Minerals Plc (SRUXF) was the stock with largest gains closing at $0.6100+%0.4955 (+432.65%).
Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL) was the stock with largest losses closing at $16.75-$21.42 (-56.12%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) was among the most active stocks closing at $32.43-$1.76 (-5.15%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
All sectors closed lower indicative of the selling pressure for stocks and equities. Real Estate was the best performing sector -0.27%, Financials was the worst performing sector -1.92%, Source: Fidelity.
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today are Tilray (TLRY), Advance Auto Parts (AAP), JD.com (JD), The RealReal (REAL), and IZEA Worldwide Inc (IZEA).
Stock market news
- Stocks Retreat on Hong Kong, Argentina Turmoil: Markets Wrap
- Dow drops nearly 400 points. Trade war fears just won’t go away
- Why a falling Chinese yuan crushed the stock market and intensified the trade war
Stock market data
Stocks to buy or stocks to sell – stock market newsletter
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist