US stock market report August 15 2019
US stock market ended the day with moderate gains, only Nasdaq had minor losses and closed almost flat. This is the summary of the US stock market at close on Thursday August 15 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,847.60,+7.00(+0.25%)
- Dow 30: 25,579.39,+99.97(+0.39%)
- Nasdaq: 7,766.62,-7.32(-0.09%)
- Russell 2000: 1,461.65,-5.87(-0.40%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 1.5290,-0.0520(-3.29%)
- Vix: 21.18,-0.92(-4.16%)
Pivotal Software, Inc. (PVTL) was the stock with largest gains closing at $14.00+$5.70 (+68.67%).
Tapestry, Inc. (TPR) was the stock with largest losses closing at $19.45-$5.55 (-22.20%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
General Electric Company (GE) was among the most active stocks closing at $8.01-$1.02 (-11.30%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
Consumer Staples was the best performing sector +1.51%, Industrials was the worst performing sector -0.23%, Source: Fidelity.
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today whose stocks could exhibit volatility are Deere & Co (DE), Ability Inc (ABIL), Baltic International USA Inc (BISA) and Qudian Inc (QD).
Stock market news
- Stock markets stable after China trade warning
- Stocks Grind Higher Into Weekend; Bonds Steady: Markets Wrap
- What’s Going On With the Stock Market?
Stock market data
Stocks to buy or stocks to sell – stock market newsletter
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist
Stocks, stock investing, stock trading, investing in stocks, stock market news, business, finance.