Stock market report August 21 2019
August 22, 2019
US stock market report August 21 2019
All major US stock market indices closed higher with gains over 0.80%. Buying interest for stocks was evident during the whole trading session.This is the summary for US stock market at close on Wednesday August 21 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,924.43,+23.92(+0.82%)
- Dow 30: 26,202.73,+240.29(+0.93%)
- Nasdaq: 8,020.21,+71.65(+0.90%)
- Russell 2000: 1,509.85,+11.84(+0.79%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 1.5770,+0.0160(+1.02%)
- Vix: 15.80,-1.70(-9.71%)
Target Corporation (TGT) was the stock with largest gains closing at $103.00+$17.47 (+20.43%).
Rolls-Royce Holdings plc (RLLCF) was the stock with largest losses closing at $0.0075-$0.0024 (-24.24%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Pinduoduo Inc. (PDD) was among the most active stocks closing at $30.11+$4.15 (+15.99%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
All sectors had gains, Consumer Discretionary was the best performing sector for a seconf consecutive day, +1.83%, Consumer Staples was the worst performing sector +0.34%, Source: Fidelity.
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today are Dick’s Sporting Goods (DKS), Gap (GPS). Salesforce.com (CRM), Hormel Foods (HRL) and Ross Stores (ROST).
Stock market news
- Stocks Dip as Traders Mull Fed; Treasuries Advance: Markets Wrap
- What’s moving markets today: August 21, 2019
- Here’s what bitcoin’s relationship with the stock market and gold looks like over the past 90 days
Stock market data
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist.