Stock market report August 26 2019
August 27, 2019
US stock market report August 26 2019
The first trading session for the new week started with gains for the US stock market with all major US stock indices closing up more than 1%. The reason was hopes of easing trade war tension between the USA and China. This is the summary for US stock markey at close on Monday August 26 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,878.38,+31.27(+1.10%)
- Dow 30: 25,898.83,+269.93(+1.05%)
- Nasdaq: 7,853.74,+101.97(+1.32%)
- Russell 2000: 1,476.00,+16.52(+1.13%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 1.5450,+0.0170(+1.11%)
- Vix: 19.32,-0.55(-2.77%)
The Medicines Company (MDCO) was the stock with largest gains closing at $39.85+$4.82 (+13.76%).
Rolls-Royce Holdings plc (RLLCF) was the stock with largest losses closing at $0.0052-$0.0012 (-18.75%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Itaú Unibanco Holding S.A. (ITUB) was among the most active stocks closing at $8.00-$0.05 (-0.62%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
All sectors had gains, Communication Services was the best performing sector +1.53%, Materials was the worst performing sector +0.30%, Source: Fidelity
Stock market news
- Are stock-market investors giving up on the ‘Trump put’?
- Insiders are selling stock like it’s 2007
- Stocks Pare Gains on Shifting Trade Mood Unease: Markets Wrap
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today are Autodesk Inc (ADSK), Regis Corp (RGS), Veeva Systems Inc (VEEV) and Momo Inc (MOMO).
Stock market data
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist.