US stock market report August 28 2019
US stock market closed higher with Dow 30 having the highest gains. We continue to exhibit volatility in the stock market as stocks decline one day and have gains the other day, as the stock market is waiting for news mainly from the trade war between US and China for a significant move. This is the summary for the US stock market at close on Wednesday August 28 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,887.94,+18.78(+0.65%)
- Dow 30: 26,036.10,+258.20(+1.00%)
- Nasdaq: 7,856.88,+29.94(+0.38%)
- Russell 2000: 1,472.71,+16.67(+1.15%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 1.466,-0.024(-1.6107%)
- Vix: 19.35,-0.96(-4.73%)
Tallgrass Energy, LP (TGE) was the stock with biggest gains closing at $19.46+$5.11 (+35.61%).
Medallia, Inc. (MDLA) was the stock with the biggest losses closing
at $35.45-$2.90 (-7.56%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Encana Corporation (ECA) was among the most active stocks closing at $4.3200+$0.0100 (+0.23%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
Energy was the best performing sector +1.40%, Utilities was the worst performing sector -0.10%,Source: Fidelity .
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today are Abercrombie & Fitch Co (ANF), Best Buy Co Inc (BBY), Dollar General Corp (DG), Dell Technologies Inc (DELL) and Dollar Tree Inc (DLTR).
Stock market news
- Europe Stocks, U.S. Futures Rise; Treasuries Drift: Markets Wrap
- Stocks gain as traders await cues on US-China trade developments
- The Trump Report Card We Do Get To See – Stock Market Effectiveness
Stock market data
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist.