US stock market report August 30 2019
The last trading session for the month of August 2019 was mixed for the US stock market. All majoe US stock market indiced closed almost flat. This is the sumamry for the US stock market at close on Friday, August 30, 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,926.46,+1.88(+0.06%)
- Dow 30: 26,403.28,+41.03(+0.16%)
- Nasdaq: 7,962.88,-10.51(-0.13%)
- Russell 2000: 1,494.84,-1.88(-0.13%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 1.506,-0.01(-0.6596%)
- Vix: 18.98,+1.10(+6.15%)
Fastly, Inc. (FSLY) was the stock with biggest gains closing at $31.60+$3.66 (+13.10%).
Ulta Beauty, Inc. (ULTA) was the stock with biggest losses closing at $237.73-$99.72 (-29.55%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Bank of America Corporation (BAC) was among the most active stocks closing at $27.51+$0.18 (+0.66%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
Materials was the best performing sector +0.67%, Consumer Discretionary was the worst performing sector -0.56%.
Stock market news
- History Says September Will Be Rough for Stocks. How to Invest for an October Turnaround
- Dow logs second-worst month of the year
- All-or-Nothing Stock Market Lurches All Around and Goes Nowhere
Stock market data
All data about stocks , stock investing, stock trading is taken from Yahoo Finance, Fidelity and stockcharts.com.
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist.