Stock market report August 6 2019
August 7, 2019
US stock market report August 6 2019
A relief rally for the US stock market on Tuesday August 6 2019 after the stong selloff one day earlier as all major US stock market indices gained more than 1%. This is the summary of the US stock market at close on August 6 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,881.77,+37.03(+1.30%)
- Dow 30: 26,029.52,+311.78(+1.21%)
- Nasdaq: 7,833.27,+107.23(+1.39%)
- Russell 2000: 1,502.09,+14.67(+0.99%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 1.7390,+0.0040(+0.23%)
- Vix: 20.17,-4.42(-17.97%)
Adient plc (ADNT) was the stock with largest gains closing at $25.45+$6.15 (+31.87%).
Sinotrans Limited (SNOTF) was the stock with largest losses closing at $0.3200-$0.0850 (-20.99%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK) was among the most active stocks closiong at $1.3900-$0.1700 (-10.90%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
Information Technology was the best performing sector +1.61%, Energy was the worst performing sector -0.06%, Source: Fidelity
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today are Lyft (LYFT) and Roku (Roku) .
Stock market news
- The stock market is exactly where it was one year ago
- US stocks rise and buck global trend after Monday rout
- One simple chart points to a stock market rebound
Stock market data
Stocks to buy or stocks to sell – stock market newsletter
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist