Stock market report August 7 2019
August 8, 2019
US stock market report August 7 2019
Another day with increased volatility for the US stock market. Initially there was a selloff but at the close there was strong buying interest for stocks and major US stock market indices were almost flat, only Nasdaq had some moderate gains. This is the market update for US stock market at close on Wednesday August 7 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,883.98,+2.21(+0.08%)
- Dow 30: 26,007.07,-22.45(-0.09%)
- Nasdaq: 7,862.83,+29.56(+0.38%)
- Russell 2000: 1,500.69,-1.40(-0.09%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 1.6840,-0.0550(-3.16%)
- Vix: 19.49,-0.68(-3.37%)
Cambrex Corporation (CBM) was the stock with largest gains closing at $60.00+$19.22 (+47.13%).
New Relic, Inc. (NEWR) was the stock with largest losses closing at $59.78-$23.98 (-28.63%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA) was among the most active stocks closing at $7.29+$0.23 (+3.26%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
Materials was the best performing sector +1.32%, Financials was the worst performing sector -1.21%, Source: Fidelity
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today are AMC Entertainment (AMC), Cronos Group (CRON), Fiverr (FVRR), Norweigan Cruise Line (NCLH), Viacom (VIAB), Activision Blizzard (ATVI), CBS (CBS), Revolve Group (RVLV), Yelp (YELP), (UBER) and Kraft Heinz (KHC).
Stock market news
- The direction of the US stock market is being determined by China’s currency right now
- S&P 500 and Nasdaq erase losses after bond market scare
- Does the stock market care more about the Fed or China?
Stock market data
Stocks to buy or stocks to sell – stock market newsletter
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist