US stock market report August 8 2019
A day with strong gains for all major US stock market indices. There was buying pressure for stocks after the recent selloff which sent the major indices higher at the close of the day. This is the summary for US stock market at close on Tuesday August 8 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,938.09,+54.11(+1.88%)
- Dow 30: 26,378.19,+371.09(+1.43%)
- Nasdaq: 8,039.16,+176.33(+2.24%)
- Russell 2000: 1,532.13,+31.45(+2.10%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 1.7160,+0.0320(+1.90%)
- Vix: 16.91,-2.58(-13.24%)
Carvana Co. (CVNA) was the stock with largest gains closing at $72.47+$14.56 (+25.14%).
ICU Medical, Inc. (ICUI) was the stock with largest losses closing at $163.96-$81.71 (-33.26%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) was among the most active stocks closing at $33.92+$4.73 (+16.20%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today are PG&E Corp (PCG), Tribune Media Co (TRCO), Cambrex Corp (CBM) and Tidewater Inc (TDW).
Stock market news
- JP Morgan’s top stock market analysts say hold on tight and buy this market dip
- Stocks rally, pushing S&P 500 into positive territory for the wild week
- Like clockwork, the dog days of August bring anxiety for stock market investors
Stock market data
Stocks to buy or stocks to sell – stock market newsletter
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist