Stock market report July 30 2019
July 31, 2019
US stock market report July 30 2019
All major US stock market indices declined but losses were moderate, awaiting for the Fed interest rate decision today and weigthing the developments for the trade war between USA and China. This is the summary for US stock market at close on Tuesday July 30 2019:
- S&P 500: 3,013.18,-7.79(-0.26%)
- Dow 30: 27,198.02,-23.33(-0.09%)
- Nasdaq: 8,273.61,-19.71(-0.24%)
- Russell 2000: 1,585.60,+16.57(+1.06%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 2.0610, +0.0060(+0.29%)
- Vix: 13.82,+0.99(+7.72%)
Amkor Technology, Inc. (AMKR) was the stock with largest gains closing at $9.78+$1.60 (+19.56%).
Gartner, Inc. (IT) was the stock with largest losses closing at
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK) was among the most active stocks closing at 1.8000+0.1600 (+9.76%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
Energy was the best performing sector +1.09%, Utilities was the worst performing sector -0.76%.
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today are Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY), Apache Corp (APA), BlackRock Capital Investment Corp (BKCC), CME Group Inc (CME) and Moody’s Corp (MCO).
Stock market news
- Stocks Mixed as Trade Talks Wrap Up; Dollar Steady: Markets Wrap
- Here’s how the stock market tends to perform when the Fed cuts rates
- After Hours: Apple, Mastercard, and Gilead Sciences Report Earnings
Stock market data
Stocks to buy or stocks to sell – stock market newsletter
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist