August 23, 2019
US stock market report August 22 2019
A mixed trading session for the US stock market as S&P 500 and Nasdaq closed lower but Dow 30 had moderate gains. This is the summary for the US stock market at close on Thursday August 22 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,922.95,-1.48(-0.05%)
- Dow 30: 26,252.24,+49.51(+0.19%)
- Nasdaq: 7,991.39,-28.82(-0.36%)
- Russell 2000: 1,506.00,-3.85(-0.25%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 1.6100,+0.0330(+2.09%)
- Vix: 16.68,+0.88(+5.57%)
Samsonite International S.A. (SMSEY) was the stock with largest gains closing at $10.72+$1.60 (+17.54%).
Alfa, S. A. B. de C. V. (ALFFF) was the stock with largest losses closing at $0.7501-$0.1122 (-13.01%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Ambev S.A. (ABEV) was among the most active stocks closing at $4.5900-$0.0600 (-1.29%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
Financials was the best performing sector +0.62%, Materials was the worst performing sector -0.70%, Source: Fidelity.
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today are
Ability Inc (ABIL), Foot Locker Inc (FL), USA Technologies Inc (USATP) and Meredith Corp (MDP).
Stock market news
- Stocks Rise With U.S. Yields Before Powell Speech: Markets Wrap
- Dow rises slightly ahead of big speech from the Fed chief
- Fed Chief Jerome Powell Faces Huge Jackson Hole Test As Hawkish Fed Comments Hit Stock Market
Stock market data
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist.