July 26, 2019
US stock market report July 25 2019
Selling pressure was the dominant trend as all major US stock market indices closed lower with losses over 0.40%. This is the summary for US stock market at close on Thursday July 25 2019:
- S&P 500: 3,003.67,-15.89(-0.53%)
- Dow 30: 27,140.98,-128.99(-0.47%)
- Nasdaq: 8,238.54,-82.96(-1.00%)
- Russell 2000: 1,561.45,-18.97(-1.20%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 2.0740,+0.0240(+1.17%)
- Vix: 12.57, +0.50(+4.14%)
Cobham plc (CBHMF) was the stock with largest gains closing at $2.0400+$0.5650 (+38.31%).
Align Technology, Inc. (ALGN) was the stock with largest losses closing at
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Ford Motor Company (F) was among the most active stocks closing at $9.56-$0.77 (-7.45%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
All sectors had negative performance, Consumer Staples had the best performance -0.04%, Energy had the worst performance -1.16%, Source: Fidelity
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today are Phillips 66 (PSX), Allergan plc (AGN), AbbVie Inc (ABBV), Mcdonald’s Corp (MCD), Lear Corp (LEA), and Colgate-Palmolive Co (CL).
Stock market news
- Major economic news will be released today.
“Here are the main numbers economists are anticipating, based on Bloomberg-compiled estimates.
Gross domestic product (GDP): 1.8% vs. 3.1% in Q1
Personal consumption: 4.0% vs. 0.9% in Q1
Core PCE QoQ: 2.0% vs. 1.2% in Q1″, Source: Yahoo Finance
- Alphabet revenue beats expectations as Google ad sales climb
- Amazon stock drops as one-day delivery costs take a bite out of earnings
Stock market data
Stocks to buy or stocks to sell – stock market newsletter