July 25, 2019
US stock market report July 24 2019
A mixed US stock market trading session with S&P 500 and Nasdaq closing higher but Dow 30 closing lower. This is the summary for US stock market at close on Wednesday July 24 2019:
- S&P 500: 3,019.56,+14.09(+0.47%)
- Dow 30: 27,269.97,-79.22(-0.29%)
- Nasdaq: 8,321.50,+70.10(+0.85%)
- Russell 2000: 1,580.42,+25.46(+1.64%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 2.0500,-0.0240(-1.16%)
- Vix: 12.07,-0.54(-4.28%)
Teradyne, Inc. (TER) was the stock with largest gains closing at $57.94+$9.85 (+20.48%).
Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings plc (ARGGY) was the stock with largest losses closing at $9.88-$2.92 (-22.81%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Snap Inc. (SNAP) was among the most active stocks closing at $17.61+$2.78 (+18.75%), a new 52-week high.
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
Financials was the sector with best performance +0.91%. Consumer Staples was the sector with worst performance -0.64%, Source: Fidelity
US stock market earnings today
notable companies set to report earnings including Comcast, 3M, Southwest, and American Airlines before the bell, and Amazon, Alphabet, Starbucks, and Expedia after market closeSource: Yahoo Finance
Stock market news
- Tesla Plunges on Profit Doubts, Co-Founder’s Surprise Step Down
- Stocks Climb Ahead of ECB Decision, More Earnings: Markets Wrap
- Stocks Close at Record Highs on Growth Optimism: Markets Wrap
Stock market data
Stocks to buy or stocks to sell – stock market newsletter