April 21, 2020
Stock market news
“Stocks close in the red.
US stocks finished lower on Monday, amid a historic selloff in the oil market.
US oil futures settled in negative territory for the first time in history as demand for the commodity remains thin and storage capacity in the US is at its limit. The May futures contract is also about to expire, which made trading more erratic.
The Dow closed 2.4%, or 592 points, lower. It was the worst day for the index since April 1.
The S&P 500 finished down 1.8%.
The Nasdaq Composite closed 1% lower.”
How the US stock market closed on April 20, 2020
S&P 500: 2,827.09,-47.47(-1.65%)
Dow 30: 23,688.58,-553.91(-2.28%)
Russell 2000: 1,212.46,-16.64(-1.35%)
- Benitec Biopharma Limited (BNTC): 13.06+7.23 (+124.01%)
- Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (CYCC): 8.64+2.23 (+34.79%)
- Immuron Limited (IMRN): 3.2000+0.8500 (+36.17%)
- Liberty TripAdvisor Holdings, Inc. (LTRP): 37.16-9.34 (-20.09%)
- Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc. (IVR): 2.9000-0.7900 (-21.41%)
- Summit Wireless Technologies, Inc. (WISA): 4.2889-1.0111 (-19.08%)
Most actives stocks
- General Electric Company (GE): 6.51-0.33 (-4.82%)
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY): 12.59-1.04 (-7.63%)
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC): 22.50-0.78 (-3.35%)
Stock market source: https://www.wsj.com/market-data/stocks
Bank of America Corporation (BAC) stock
Stock Market, U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
All sectors closed lower. Health Care was the best performing sector -0.78%, Utilities were the worst-performing sector -3.89%.
Notable earnings today, April 21, 2020 include Netflix (NFLX) and Chipotle (CMG).