Stock market news
“US stocks and oil rebound after historic meltdown: April 22, 2020.
Stock snap two-day losing streak
US stocks snapped a two-day losing streak and finished higher on Wednesday.
Investor sentiment received a boost from additional stimulus measures passed by the Senate and a rebound in oil prices, even though the factors that depressed markets earlier in the week persist. The oil market remains broken amid weak demand and storage problems, while coronavirus continues to weigh on corporate earnings and economic data.
The Dow finished up nearly 2%, or 457 points.
The S&P 500 ended 2.3% higher.
The Nasdaq Composite closed up 2.8%.”
How the US stock market closed on April 22, 2020
S&P 500: 2,799.31,+62.75(+2.29%)
Dow 30: 23,475.82,+456.94(+1.99%)
Russell 2000: 1,201.02,+15.93(+1.34%)
- The Peck Company Holdings, Inc. (PECK): 5.73+2.23 (+63.71%)
- SilverBow Resources, Inc. (SBOW): 6.05+2.25 (+59.21%)
- Delek Logistics Partners, LP (DKL): 13.98+5.17 (+58.68%)
- TORM plc (TRMD): 8.67-3.93 (-31.19%)
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO): 6.73-1.61 (-19.30%)
- Energous Corporation (WATT): 2.1800-0.4950 (-18.50%)
Most actives stocks
- Snap Inc. (SNAP): 17.01+4.57 (+36.74%)
- United Airlines Holdings, Inc. (UAL): 25.88-2.00 (-7.17%)
- General Electric Company (GE): 6.43-0.05 (-0.77%)
Stock market source: https://www.wsj.com/market-data/stocks
Stock Market, U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
All sectors closed higher. Information Technology was the best performing sector +3.87%, Consumer Staples were the worst-performing sector +1.07%.