US stock market report August 20 2019
All major US stock market indices had losses after the strong rally on Monday August 10 2019. This is the summary for US stock market at close on Tuesday August 20 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,900.51,-23.14(-0.79%)
- Dow 30: 25,962.44,-173.35(-0.66%)
- Nasdaq: 7,948.56,-54.25(-0.68%)
- Russell 2000: 1,498.01,-10.84(-0.72%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 1.5610,-0.0370(-2.32%)
- Vix: 17.50, +0.62(+3.67%)
9F Inc. (JFU) was the stock with largest gains closing at $12.00+$2.28 (+23.46%).
Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. (SRPT) was the stock with largest losses closing at $102.07-$18.24 (-15.16%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
General Electric Company (GE) was among the most active stocks closing at $8.38-$0.29 (-3.34%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
All sectors had losses, Consumer Discretionary was the best performing sector -0.08%, Financials was the worst performing sector -1.40%, Source: Fidelity.
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today are Lowe’s (LOW), Target (TGT), Nordstrom (JWN), Jumia Tech (JMIA) and L Brands (LB).
Stock market news
- Dow snaps three-day winning streak
- Stock-market volatility won’t go away ‘anytime soon,’ says CIO of U.S.’s third-largest pension fund
- Opinion: The U.S. stock market right now is riskier than you think
Stock market data
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist.