August 28, 2019
US stock market report August 27 2019
A trading session with moderate losses for the US stock market. Dow 30 had the largest losses compared to the S&P 500 and Nasdaq. This is the summary for US stock market at close on Tuesday August 27 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,869.16,-9.22(-0.32%)
- Dow 30: 25,777.90, -120.93(-0.47%)
- Nasdaq: 7,826.95,-26.79(-0.34%)
- Russell 2000: 1,456.04,-19.96(-1.35%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 1.4900,-0.0550(-3.56%)
- Vix: 20.31,+0.99(+5.12%)
Rolls-Royce Holdings plc (RLLCF) was the stock with largest gains closing at $0.0060+$0.0008 (+15.38%).
Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (ZHUZF) was the stock with largest losses closing at $3.7700-$0.5500 (-12.73%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Altria Group, Inc. (MO) was among the most active stocks closing at $45.25-$1.87 (-3.97%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
Utilities was the best performing sector +0.14%, Financials was the worst performing sector -0.70%, Source: Fidelity .
Stock market news
- Stocks Mixed Under Cloud of Trade Feud; Oil Gains: Markets Wrap
- What Happened in the Stock Market Today
- Gold as stock market hedge: Look at long-call strategies, says Bloomberg Intelligence
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today are Ability Inc (ABIL), H & R Block Inc (HRB), Tiffany & Co (TIF) and Guess? Inc (GES).
Stock market data
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist.