July 30, 2019
US stock market report July 29 2019
US stock market. A mixed trading session for the first day of the week of July 29-August 2 2019.The Dow Jones Industrial Average finished with minor gains, but the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq Composite closed at lower level. This is the summary for US stock market at close on Monday July 29 2019:
- S&P 500: 3,020.97,-4.89(-0.16%)
- Dow 30: 27,221.35,+28.90(+0.11%)
- Nasdaq: 8,293.33,-36.88(-0.44%)
- Russell 2000: 1,569.03,-9.94(-0.63%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 2.0550,-0.0260(-1.25%)
- Vix: 12.88,+0.72(+5.92%)
Just Eat plc (JSTTY) was the stock with largest gains closing at $4.7100+$0.7830 (+19.94%).
Insperity, Inc. (NSP) was the stock with largest losses closing at $108.89-$35.74 (-24.71%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Mylan N.V. (MYL) was among the most active stocks closing at $20.78+$2.32 (+12.57%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
Utilities was the best performing sector +0.49%, Financials was the best performing sector -0.78%, Source: Fidelity
US stock market earnings today
Some of the companies releasing earnings today whose stocks may exhibit increased volatility are Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC), Apple Inc (AAPL), Amgen Inc (AMGN), Under Armour Inc (UAA), and Akamai Technologies Inc (AKAM).
Stock market news
- Stocks Mixed as Trade Talks Kick Off; Pound Slumps: Markets Wrap
- Dow futures higher as investors look ahead to Fed meeting, Apple earnings
- Australian stock market hits record high, beating level set before GFC
Stock market data
Stocks to buy or stocks to sell – stock market newsletter
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist