August 20, 2019
US stock market report August 19 2019
The first trading session of the week August 19- August 23 2019 started with strong gains for the US stock market. Buying interest for stocks sent all 3 major stock market indices closing higher. This is the summary for US stock market at close on Monday August 19 2019:
- S&P 500: 2,923.65,+34.97(+1.21%)
- Dow 30: 26,135.79,+249.78(+0.96%)
- Nasdaq: 8,002.81,+106.82(+1.35%)
- Russell 2000: 1,508.85,+15.21(+1.02%)
- 10-Yr Bond: 1.5980,+0.0590(+3.83%)
- Vix: 16.88,-1.59(-8.61%)
China Dili Group (RNHEF) was the stock with largest gains closing at $0.3117+$0.0657 (+26.69%).
PG&E Corporation (PCG) was the stock with largest losses closing at $10.67-$3.61 (-25.28%).
Stock investing – Most active stocks
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK) was among the most active stocks closing at $1.6000+$0.2100 (+15.11%).
U.S. Sectors & Industries Performance
Energy was the best performing sector +2.14%, Utilities was the worst performing sector +0.69%, Source: Fidelity.
Stock market news
- Stocks charge higher on trade progress and signs of government stimulus
- Stocks Edge Up as Trade, Economic Growth Mulled: Markets Wrap
- Opinion: Trump talks up the stock market, but this chart tells the real story
Stock market data
This report is written by Stavros Georgiadis, CFA Equity Research Analyst, Investment Strategist.